Monday, June 16, 2014

My Experience at Salem Art Association

On the last week of my internship, I was finishing up some duties like the jury presentation for the future exhibition Radius 25. After loading the finishing touches and putting it on a disk to submit to the juror, I did other sorting tasks as well as helping James with random Art Fair things. My last couple days were finishing up my overall internship tasks that were goal objectives for my internship as a whole. Once I finished everything on Wednesday, I had a meeting with Catherine, my site supervisor about my overall success as SAA's art intern. We talked of my ending credentials as well as what my future holds and it made me very happy I chose the Bush Barn Art Center for my spring internship. I ended up meeting some very important and amazing people during my experience and I am sure I made friends and connections for life. Every staff member was very nice and supportive of me as I helped them through the busy art season in Salem. Not only did I gain experience for my future career, but I also gained great tips and information on working in an artistic profession. For me, this internship was sort of a spur of thought as the idea came to me and I was instantly intrigued. If any others out there either in the late high school age, in college, or still on the boat of what career path you should take, I would recommend an internship in any field of interest you have. Some people tell me that art is a hobby and not a realistic profession choice and I think that is false. I believe there is a career choice in every subject and if you love something enough, you can find a working profession you love in a similar realm. I would of never thought of art in this sense if it wasn't for my great experience at Salem Art Association. 

No comments:

Post a Comment