Thursday, June 5, 2014

Get Your Art On!

This week is technically my last week being the intern at SAA through my school and while at the morning's meeting, I realized how wonderful the whole staff really is. Individually they are all fabulous and have all helped me in a way grow during my learning experience at the Bush Barn. After the meeting and routine laughs, I went back to attack the rest of the pile of submissions for the Radius 25 show. After a while I finished the stack and had almost 300 slides in the jury presentation along with about 74 artists who have entered. This isn't even finished! I made a small stack of ones that were missing certain details and problems with their image that would soon be emailed back to us and those I will finish up next week. I will also continue next week as I want to review my overall internship experience with my site supervisor Catherine as well as finishing the edits and last submissions on the juried Radius 25 show. It was great to wrap up my overall learning experience with helping set up and look through submissions of a up and coming show after learning the basics of the Bush Barn Art Gallery. I also got my "Get Your Art On" tee shirt as I have decided that I enjoy this organization so much that I will volunteer throughout the summer and help out with the Art Fair & Festival that I have been helping out with periodically. I thank anyone who has taken the time to read my blog about this internship and I hope to keep posting more about art and the opportunities for me to come. 





No comments:

Post a Comment