Wednesday, May 21, 2014

~Slide Shows of Art~

Today at our usual meeting, we decided we sit in the same spots every time and we played musical chairs as we changed locations from our norm. With a dog sitting on my lap and us passing around childhood photos, it is comfortable as usual. Then after departure, I head up to the nest and fire up the intern computer as I start plugging away on uploading Art Fair images (artwork pictures I chose last week) onto an online database so the Statesman Journal can have access to showcase and advertise some of the works that we will display in the summer. Next, I started on working on the David-Douglas show that I got a feel for about a month ago with the nature walk. I sorted through the artist files and CD's of images for the botanical artists and created a similar Jury Presentation as I did for Radius 25 through PowerPoint. We as only have some of the submissions, I just got a head start for the September/October show before I worked a bit more on Radius 25. The artwork submission deadline is May 30th so by next week, I will have all of the materials to finish plugging in the artists as well as polishing up the jury's slide show. Then as James will always have tasks for me to do, (it is busy, busy marketing season as Art Fair approaches) I helped and shadowed him on Photoshop as he needed to extract and cut images for a different layering appearance to put art images up on ours and other websites. I then ended my day as I was going to help with an InDesign task, but then our program stopped working so it seemed like a good time to end my day. 

Last week, [since I am doing this internship as college credit for Chemeketa Community College,] my instructor for the class came to the Bush Barn to do an evaluation for a school grade. He met with Catherine and visited with me as I showed him the facility that I work in every week.  Here is a picture of me in the A. N Bush Gallery as I look towards my favorite painting in the Watercolor exhibit. 
This image was put up on Chemeketa's Cooperative Work Experience Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment