Wednesday, May 14, 2014

-Documentation of Artwork-

This week I only technically came in once since Catherine was gone on Monday out looking at other galleries.  I came in for an hour mainly looking at the new exhibitions and helping James sort Fine Art Friday pictures. On Wednesday after our normal meeting, I went up to the Nest and created the Young Artists' Showcase poster with James as they will be printed and handed out to participants. I then started a long project of cataloging the artists participating in Salem's Art Fair & Festival 2014. They were already organized into a database online with more of their information but this time, their works needed to be projected onto the website for further promotion. I cataloged over 200 artists involved by their medium. I put their names, websites, and one of their best pictured artworks on a document and saved onto our computer. Then hours and many word document pages later, I finally finished. Next week I will be able to help put them on the website so people can click on a pictured image of someone's artwork then it will direct them to their name and website URL for further promotion before Art Fair. A mini break in between work, I helped assist in a photo shoot for a picture for the poster/advertisement of our "Hip to Be Square" barn dance pre-Art Fair celebration for helpers and volunteers. It included our normal photographer James and volunteer Tabitha dressed in simple button ups and plaid as they posed in a white paper backdrop. With lipstick and a red flower used as props, they posed in many silly ways laughing and being serious to help give us a wide variety of great pictures to choose from (after Photoshop of course). I can't wait to see the finished result of them advertised for people to see but here is a picture of the goofiness that they exhibited for only a few to see.
(James, our photographer, does not like his picture taken)

No comments:

Post a Comment